The SKY Center’s core purpose and mission is two-fold:
- Provide accessible and affordable services for youth and their families who are identified to be in need. The assessment of need is indicated by, but not limited to the following:
- school struggles/peer problems/bullying
- family conflict, relationship changes or losses
- depression, mood swings, isolation
- suicidal behavior, self-harm or other high risk behavior
- increased substance use
- To serve as a teaching and training field site for graduate students and clinicians engaged in Internship and Advanced Studies in the area of family and group therapy.
Here in Santa Fe, the SKY Center helps young people reconnect with their families, school and communities in order to lead healthy lives. Our counselors utilize a Family Systems Modality. Therapy focuses on: cultivating sustainable connections within significant relationships, development of problem solving skills to reduce family conflict, creating ways to manage mood and reduce depression, help in enhancement of school performance and reduction of substance use.
We also provide school-based groups for youth referred by their school counselors. Groups use the Inner and Outer Life Skills modeled developed by NMSIP clinicians. Students engage in activities that will promote positive coping abilities, empathy and connection to others, social competence, mindful thoughts and actions and help seeking skills.
Services are for families with children ages birth – 21. We accept referrals from a variety of sources, including schools, protective service agencies, juvenile justice, family court meditators, healthcare providers and case management agencies, as well as families initiating services on their own.
We provide services at no cost to our clients and strive to make our services easily accessible to all who need them. We do not accept insurance and rely entirely on grant and private resources so that both clients and staff can focus on the work at hand. The SKY Center is staffed by graduate interns working under the supervision of licensed professionals.
The SKY Center is located at DeVargas Middle School
1720 Llano St Santa Fe, NM 87505
Directions to SKY: (map it)
1. Take St. Francis to St. Michaels Dr.
2. Head west toward Cerrillos Rd
3. Turn left onto Llano St
4. Turn right into DeVargas’ faculty/staff parking lot
5. Walk through black gate on left at rear
6. Follow signs to SKY