Create your own personal Tool Kit for Well Being
In times of stress, struggle or days when you feel sad, create positive ways to overcome those times of hopelessness. Here are a couple of ideas:
Listen to music
Get enough rest
Connect with Nature
Hydrate and Eat well
Talk to Friends
Seek professional help
Get or Give a hug
Squeeze you pet
Find ways to laugh
Join a group
Log gratitude in a journal
Together we can reduce the risk of youth suicide
If you are concerned about someone, follow these steps:
STEP 1: Be observant
Notice any Warning Signs and Risk Factors.
STEP 2: Show that you care
Even though you may be nervous or feel uncomfortable, take a deep breath and be present.
STEP 3: Ask the tough questions
“Are you thinking about killing yourself?”
Trust your intuition. You won’t make things worse by asking directly. In fact, it helps.
STEP 4: Get some help
- Call The Sky Center today: 505-473-6191
- 24 hour crisis lines: 1-855-NMCRISIS (662-7474) / 1-855-227-5485 (tty)
- Agora Crisis Center Albuquerque, NM: 1-800-273-8255
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Crisis Response of Santa Fe: 1-888-920-6333
- Crisis Text Line: 741-741
- Emergency: 911
For more details click on this link: How to help
Reducing the risk of youth suicide in Santa Fe County and Northern New Mexico.